My proofreading, copy-editing & copywriting services
I offer these services to
- businesses and community organisations
- academics and students (undergraduate and postgraduate)
- fiction and non-fiction authors, including independent authors.
Which service is right for you?
- Proofreading – I check your document for small but potentially costly errors and inconsistencies that are really hard to spot in your own work
- Copy-editing – I dig deeper, fixing big grammatical issues, ensuring fluency and maximising impact
- Copywriting – I use your first draft / notes as a starting point, or I write copy for you from scratch
- Combined services – for example, copy-editing followed by a final proofread.
(For ethical reasons, I can’t offer copywriting or highly intensive editing to students or others who must be the authors of their own work.)
If you’re not sure which service you need, ask me and we’ll work it out together.
Proofreading and copy-editing
I’ll assess a sample of your writing and edit a short section of it, free of charge, to show you what improvements you’ll see if you decide to go ahead and hire me. Then I’ll quote you a price based on how much work is involved and how fast you’d like it done.
For each copywriting assignment, I’ll find out as much as I can from you about who’s going to read your copy and what impact it needs to have. After that, I’ll be able to quote you a price.
My rates are based on the industry standards for trained, experienced editorial workers, and I keep my fees competitive by continually enhancing the efficiency of my working practices.
I work flexibly to meet clients’ requirements. Please note, though: if your deadline means I’ll need to work evenings and weekends, the fee for the job will be higher.
Use these services for…
Your funding application and your final report.
Your sales copy and your season’s greetings.
Your blog. Your master’s. Your memoirs.
In short, anything that has words in it and needs to be clear, focused and compelling.