High-quality, flexible proofreading service for students
If you’re a student with an assignment deadline, you’ve invested a lot to get this far – time, effort and brainpower, and often a large amount of money.
Investing a little more in a high-quality proofreading service will help take the stress out of submission and also help you get the best results you personally can.
It means you are going the extra mile – and I’m here to go the extra mile for you.
– Fiona McKinney, DCPsych candidate
Who do I help?
Use my proofreading services for your essay, thesis, dissertation or assignment if you are
- an undergraduate student
- a postgraduate student (master’s student or PhD candidate)
- a placement student or
- anyone else undertaking assignments.
This includes students who speak English as a foreign language (EFL) / second language (ESL) / additional language (EAL) – if you’re also writing in English for academic purposes, I salute you and I’m here to help.
All academic study advances knowledge and to that extent has the positive impact I look for in clients’ work. For this reason, I proofread academic work covering a wide range of subjects: in the arts, humanities and social sciences, and also some areas of STEM / applied science.
And if your topic directly concerns social and environmental solutions of any kind, I’ll be extra pleased to hear from you!
Ask me about the subjects I cover
– Manuela B., PhD candidate
A note about ethics and boundaries
Does your place of study require you to follow any restrictions or obtain permission to use an external proofreading service? If so, please make me aware of this.
When you’re producing work for assessment, your work must be your own. I don’t write it for you, or rewrite it, or paraphrase text you’ve taken from elsewhere (also known as plagiarism).
That said, there is still plenty I can do to support you!
How can I help?
I support you to write well enough to
- prove you understand your subject and
- express your ideas fully and clearly
by helping you achieve
- accurate and consistent spelling and punctuation that match the requirements you’ve been given (e.g., UK English or US English)
- consistent citations and references that match your required style (e.g., Harvard, Chicago)
- consistent formatting
- good grammar – I can correct small issues and also highlight more substantial instances for you to rewrite (I’ll offer you grammar tips and examples to help you wherever possible)
- concise expression – I’ll point out where you seem to be repeating yourself so you can address it
- clear and fluent expression – I’ll highlight any places where you need to make your point more precisely and I’ll explain what isn’t clear to me.
Please note that I don’t provide academic assessment – this means that I don’t evaluate how well you have answered your essay question or conducted your research, etc.
If you are struggling to imagine how my services will enhance your work, let me show you instead – please contact me to request a FREE short sample edit and quotation.
– Shima, Biostatistics undergraduate
I help clients out at short notice whenever possible, but every essay, thesis and dissertation I take on requires many hours’ work and I can’t fit in every student who enquires.
So it’s a good idea to contact me at least a month before you would need my services. Or just as soon as you can.
If you do decide to book a slot with me, please confirm this as early as possible to make sure I’m available when you need me.
How do you choose a proofreader?
Once you have a shortlist of editors to approach, ask each of us for an editing sample, or at least a detailed summary of the service on offer, plus a quotation. Also, consider how experienced each editor is.
Then you can make an effective comparison of levels of service and value for money.
– David M., PhD candidate
How much will it cost?
Hiring a proofreader is a key investment in your educational performance, so it’s wise to choose the best service you can afford.
But it’s also a fact that money is often tight for students, so here are a few ways to keep costs down:
- send me your main text only, and not your reference list – work on your references yourself while I proofread the rest
- send me your work as a single document, not in individual chapters or sections – this reduces my workload and I can pass the savings on to you
- take care of as many of the basics as you can before sending your work for proofreading – for example, take out unnecessary spacing, do what you can to improve the formatting, run a spell checker, ensure all your sentences are complete. Then I can concentrate on taking the clarity and consistency of your text to the next level and also charge you less.
Contact me to request a FREE short sample edit and quotation
– MBA student (Marketing Communications and International Business Strategy modules)
Other services for students
If you are producing other documents, such as CVs / resumés, personal statements or proposals, I can provide you with more intensive editing support and advice.
Read more about my other services
– L.S., medical student
Get in touch
I’m happy to answer any questions you have about my proofreading services for students, so please get in touch.